Bachmann, Graves campaign managers comment on Sixth District race

Campaign managers for Rep. Michele Bachmann and her former DFL challenger Jim Graves recently commented on how a long election night came to an end.
Bachmann won’t face a recount challenge from Graves. The Sixth District race officially ended Wednesday morning after Graves issued a concession statement and both candidates spoke briefly via telephone.
Unofficial results updated Thursday on the Minnesota Secretary of State’s website Thursday showed Bachmann with 179,202 votes (50.47 percent) and Graves with 174,904 votes (49.26 percent) with all 280 precincts reporting.
“Once we got some degree of assurance that lead was significant enough, and that no canvassing movement would change things, we got Jim on the phone with Michele,” said campaign manager Adam Graves Wednesday morning. “They spoke briefly on the phone. We then sent out our concession statement.”
Chase Kroll, Bachmann’s campaign manager, confirmed in a telephone interview both candidates had spoken Wednesday.
“Our news release went out at 5 a.m. Wednesday after Associated Press, Fox, and MSNBC called the race,” Kroll said. “Mr. Graves called and graciously conceded. The Bachmann campaign also sent a 10 a.m. Wednesday tweet containing a similar statement.
Adam Graves said when his father woke up Wednesday morning, he wanted to make sure all the votes had been counted before making a statement. “It’s a clear victory [for Bachmann],” Graves said. “We had a good run. The people of the Sixth District have spoken.
Bachmann released the following statement after winning re-election to her fourth term in Congress in Tuesday’s election:
“It has truly been an honor and a privilege to represent the people of Minnesota’s Sixth District in Congress, and I am humbled that they have placed their trust in me for another term. I am extremely grateful to my dedicated volunteers for spending countless hours knocking on doors and making phone calls,” said Bachmann. “I pledge to continue to work everyday to create jobs and do everything I can to make life more affordable for Minnesota’s families. Our children and grandchildren deserve a future filled with opportunity in a country that is safe and secure, and that’s what I’m fighting for in Washington.”

  • http://monticellotimes.com/2012/08/24/its-all-been-uphill-for-northstar/ Radical Hippie

    She is still an idiot … I will never be convinced otherwise

  • antoine

    Hurrah! The comedy continues……

  • John Rinar

    Congrats to you and your staff…. You had a lot of hurdles to overcome…. I’m glad you are there for another term….

up arrow