School District 882
REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
DISTRICT NO. 882
The Monticello Board of Education held their regular school board meeting on Monday, September 16th, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. in the middle School district board room. Board Members: Jill Bartlett, Jeff Hegle, Scott Hill, Jim Lindberg, Liz Leitch-Sell, Robbie Smith and Superintendent Jim Johnson. Also present: District Administrators and community guests.
Location: District Board Room Date: Monday, September 16th, 2013 Time: 5:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order Chair Robbie Smith
2. The Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of the Agenda
Approved by: Scott Hill Seconded by Jill Bartlett Approved 6-0
4. Citizens Comments none
5. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of Minutes Special Board Meeting, August 19, 2013
B. Consideration of Bills, Payroll and Receipts
C. August Wires
D. Personnel Matters attached
Total Bills $2,098,667.93
Total Payroll $2,676,341.87
PCard $ 4,526.26
Approved by: Jeff Hegle Seconded by Jim Lindberg Approved 6-0
6. Donations Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented the following donation items for board approval.
1. $5414.07 from Target to LME for special school events.
2. $500.00 from Wright County United Way to LME for a school garden project.
3. $1000.00 from Susan Schaar to LME for student programming.
4. $939.80 from Cargill Kitchen Solutions to the Monticello School District for school supplies for students in need.
5. $2,670.00 from the Peacemaker Foundation to MMS for programming to help all students build their peaceful resolution strategies.
6. $1000.00 from Central Minnesota Orthodontics to MMS for student planners.
7. $500.00 from Lommel Photography to MMS for student planners
8. $500.00 from State Farm Insurance (Dan Olson) to MMS for student planners.
9. $4,453.24 from Target to MHS for students in need.
Approved by: Scott Hill Seconded by Jeff Hegle Approved 6-0
7. 2014 Preliminary Levy Tina Burkholder, Business Manager presented the preliminary property tax levy for 2013 payable 2014. Her recommendation to the School Board was to approve the levy at the maximum.
Approved by: Jeff Hegle Seconded by Jill Bartlett Approved 6-0
8. Resolution Appointing Election Judges and the Absentee Board for the November 5, 2013 Election Jill Tessier, District Election Clerk presented a Resolution to Appoint Election Judges for the November 5th, 2013 School Board Election. Approved by: Jill Bartlett Seconded by Jim Lindberg Approved 6-0
9. Request for Additional Positions Jim Johnson, Superintendent requested board approval for the following positions.
A. 6.75 hour per day 1:1 Paraprofessional for PWE
B. 6.5 hour per day Program Paraprofessional for
Approved by: Jill Bartlett Seconded by Jim Lindberg Approved 6-0
10. Curriculum and Instruction Report Linda Borgerding, Director of Curriculum and Instruction shared an overview of the Accountability Testing Results from last year and the Annual Report on Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment.
11. CAC Report – Linda Borgerding, Director of Curriculum and Instruction presented the Annual Report on Curriculum, Instruction and Student Achievement for annual review and school board approval. Approved by: Liz Leitch-Sell Seconded by Jill Bartlett Approved 6-0
12. Boys and Girls Lacrosse for the 2013-14 School Year. – Jim Johnson Superintendent, requested board approval for Boys and Girls Lacrosse beginning in the 2013-14 School Year. Approved by: Scott Hill Seconded by Jim Lindberg Approved 6-0
Motion to approve Monticello Schools to become a member of the Greater West Metro Lacrosse Conference. Approved by: Scott Hill Seconded by Jeff Hegle
13. Reports on the Start of the School Year Building and District Administration gave reports for the beginning of the 2013-14 school year.
14. Summary of the Evaluation of the Superintendent Robbie Smith, Board Chair reported on August 19th board members met for a closed session, for the purpose of the Evaluation of the Superintendent. He either met or exceeded expectations all areas.
15. Future Meetings
A. Communications Committee Meeting September 26th @ 8:00 am
B. Regular Board Meeting October 14, 2013 @ 7:00 pm
B. Regular Board Meeting November 12, 2013 @ 5:00 pm
C. Regular Board Meeting December 2, 2013 @ 5:00 pm
16. Adjourn 6:55 p.m. Jill Bartlett Secretary/Clerk
10/24/13, MT, Sept 16 Reg Min