School District 882
REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
DISTRICT NO. 882
The Monticello Board of Education held their regular school board meeting on Monday, October 14th, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. in the middle School district board room. Board Members: Jill Bartlett, Jeff Hegle, Scott Hill, Jim Lindberg, Liz Leitch-Sell, Robbie Smith and Superintendent Jim Johnson. Also present: District Administrators and community guests.
Location: District Board Room
Date: Monday, October 14th, 2013
Time: 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order Chair Robbie Smith
2. The Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of the Agenda Approved by: Scott Hill, Seconded by Jeff Hegle, Approved 6-0
4. Citizens Comments none
5. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of Minutes Regular Board Meeting, September 16, 2013
B. Consideration of Bills, Payroll and Receipts
C. September Wires D. Personnel Matters attached
Total Bills $1,603,962.13, Total P Card $5,246.75, Total Payroll $2,752,744.74
Approved by: Scott Hill, Seconded by Jeff Hegle, Approved 6-0
6. Donations Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented the following donations for board approval.
1. $1,099.30 in cash and supplies from Office Max to LME as part of the A Day Made Better event.
2. $1,000.00 from John Ziebarth to PWE for student activities.
3. $4,265.50 from Target to MMS for students in need and field trip tranportation.
4. $995.00.00 from the Deborah and Joseph Mahoney to the PWE for the Art Department.
5. $5,000.00 from the Monticello Lions to the Monticello School District for the Weekend Backpack Program.
6. $1,007.75 from Dr. Joseph Mahoney to Monticello High School for ID Bracelets for the Boys and Girls Cross Country Teams.
7. $1,000.00 from the Kopp Family Foundation to the Connect 5 Program to assist with students in need.
8. $20,560.00 from Pinewood PTO, to Pinewood Elementary for a fence for the playground.
Approved by: Liz Leitch-Sell, Seconded by Jill Bartlett, Approved 6-0
7. Transportation Report Kari Kounkel with Hoglund Transportation presented a power point presentation on Transportation. Her presentation included; the positive change working with the new Assistant Superintendent Joe Dockendorf, their new technology improvements, and their vision for improvements for the future.
8. Update on the Teacher Evaluation Processes Joe Dockendorf, Assistant Superintendent updated the board on the Teacher Evaluation Process that was presented at the July school board meeting. He reported they are well underway and following the purchased system with full integrity, they have already met with each principal twice. Goals have been established and evidence collecting is underway.
9. Curriculum and Instruction Report Linda Borgerding, Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Policies Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented the following policies for board approval.
a. Review Only – Policy 203 and Policy 203.5
Approved by: Jill Bartlett, Seconded by Scott Hill, Approved 6-0
Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented the following policies for board review.
b. 1st Reading – Policy 603 & Policy 604
10. Student Representative Report New school board student representatives Anne Dockendorf and Brooke Volpone reported to school board members on homecoming and student participation at We Day.
11. Future Meetings
A. Regular Board Meeting November 12, 2013 @ 5:00 pm
B. Regular Board Meeting December 2, 2013 @ 5:00 pm
C. Special Board Meeting December 9, 2013 @ 5:00 pm
12. Adjourn 8:14 pm
Approved by: Scott Hill, Seconded by Jim Lindberg, Approved 6-0
Jill Bartlett Secretary/Clerk
This material is only a summary; the full text is available for public inspection at the administrative offices of the School District. A copy of the proceedings, other than attachments to the minutes, is available without cost at the offices of the Monticello School District or on line at www.monticello.k12.mn.us.
(Published in the Monticello Times on Nov. 21, 2013), 58052