School District 882
REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 882 MONTICELLO, MINNESOTA
The Monticello Board of Education held their regular school board meeting on Tuesday, November 12th, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. in the middle School district board room. Board Members: Jill Bartlett, Jeff Hegle, Scott Hill, Jim Lindberg, Liz Leitch-Sell, Robbie Smith and Superintendent Jim Johnson. Also present: District Administrators and community guests.
Location: District Board RoomDate: Tuesday, November 12th, 2013 Time: 5:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order Chair Robbie Smith
2. The Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of the Agenda Approved by: Scott Hill Seconded by Jeff Hegle
4. Citizens Comments none
5. Canvas Election Results Jill Tessier, Election Clerk presented a Resolution Canvassing Returns of Votes of the School District Election. Candidates; Carol McNaughton, Robbie Smith and William Spartz received the highest number of votes their four year terms begins in January.
Approved by: Liz Leitch-Sell Seconded by Jill Bartlett Approved 6-0
6. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of Minutes Regular Board Meeting, October 14, 2013
B. Consideration of Bills, Payroll and Receipts C. October Wires
D. Personnel Matters attached E.Trip Request High School Wind Ensemble
Total Bills $ 1,708,139.82 November Payroll$ 2,640,549.07
Approved by: Jim Lindberg Seconded by Jill Bartlett Approved 6-0
7. Donations Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented the following donations for board approval.
1. $4,000.00 from the Monticello Wrestling Club for additional coaching staff.
2. $5,000.00 from Monticello Rotary to the Monticello School District for the Weekend Backpack Program.
3. $1,000.00 from Sodexo to the Monticello School District for the Weekend Backpack Program.
4. $5,000.00 from the Monticello Christian Social Service for the Weekend Backpack Program.
5. $700.00 from the Middle School Parent Involvement for headsets for both computer labs.
6. $1,000.00 from Steves Floorcovering, Inc. (Steve Cyr & Jody Pobuda) for the installation of mounted projectors systems at Little Mountain.
Approved by: Jill Bartlett Seconded by Liz Leitch-Sell Approved 6-0
8. Request for a 6.5 hour per day Paraprofessional Position for LME Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented a request for an additional Paraprofessional due to the large number of students with IEP time requirements.
Approved by: Jeff Hegle Seconded by Scott Hill Approved 6-0
9. Minnesota State High School League Resolution Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented the Minnesota State High School League Resolution for board approval.
Approved by: Jeff Hegle Seconded by Jim Lindberg Approved 6-0
10. Financial End of Year Report for FY13 Tina Burkholder, Business Manager presented the Preliminary Financial Results for the year ended June 30, 2013. Overall, the Districts financial position continues to be balanced.
11. 2nd Reading of Policies Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented policy 603 for a second reading and board approval.
A. Policy 603 Approved by: Jeff Hegle Seconded by Jill Bartlett Approved 6-0
12. Student Representative Report Student representatives Anne Dockendorf & Brooke Volpone both commented on how successful the high school Veterans Day Program was. The students also commented on the touching message the presenter, Eric Samuel Timms, presented at the All School Program on November 6th, 2013.
13. Future Meetings A. Regular Board Meeting December 2, 2013 @ 5:00 pm
B. Special Board Meeting December 9, 2013 @ 5:00 pm
Adjourn – 6:43 School Board members took a five minute recess to reconvene for the Purpose of Planning for Negotiation on the Contract for the Superintendent.
14. Closed Session for the Purpose of Planning for Negotiations on the Contract with the Superintendent
15. Adjourn 7:35 Approved by Scott Hill Seconded by Jeff Hegle Approved 6-0
Jill Bartlett Secretary/Clerk
This material is only a summary; the full text is available for public inspection at the administrative offices of the School District. A copy of the proceedings, other than attachments to the minutes, is available without cost at the offices of the Monticello School District or on line at www.monticello.k12.mn.us.
12/12/13, Nov 12 Reg Min