School District 882
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
DISTRICT NO. 882
The Monticello Board of Education held their regular school board meeting on Monday, December 2nd, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. in the middle School district board room. Board Members: Jill Bartlett, Scott Hill, Jim Lindberg, Liz Leitch-Sell, Robbie Smith and Superintendent Jim Johnson. Also present: District Administrators and community guests.
Absent: Board Member Jeff Hegle
Location: District Board Room
Date: Monday, December 2nd, 2013
Time: 5:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order Chair Robbie Smith
2. The Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of the Agenda Approved by: Scott Hill, Seconded by: Jill Bartlett, Approved 5-0
4. Citizens Comments none
5. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of Minutes Regular Board Meeting, November 12th, 2013
B. Consideration of Bills, Payroll and Receipts
C. Personnel Matters attached D. Trip Request High School Project for Teens
Total Bills $ 1,367,390.22
Approved by: Jim Lindberg, Seconded by: Scott Hill, Approved 5-0
5:05 School Board Member Jeff Hegle arrived.
6. Donation Jim Johnson, Superintendent
A. $5,000.00 from the Monticello Rotary Club for the Backpack Program.
B. $1,000.00 to from an anonymous donor to Monticello Middle School for students in need.
C. Freedom Concepts Adapted Tricycle to the DAPE Program from Kelly and Randy Miller. Approved by: Jill Bartlett, Seconded by: Liz Leitch-Sell, Approved 6-0
7. Middle School Presentation Becca Kittel and Luke Feierabend, Middle School Teachers and their students presented presentations on one of the projects they work with on ipads in their classroom.
8. 2014-2017 Superintendent Contract Robbie Smith, Board Chair reported on November 12th the school board had a closed session to discuss the Superintendent Contract. The board reached an agreement to approve his contact for three years (2014-2017). Approved by: Scott Hill, Seconded by: Jeff Hill, Approved 6-0
9. Authorization for Decisions Regarding Bus Stops Joe Dockendorf, Assistant Superintendent asked the school board to approve him as the Assigned Administrator to Authorizing Decisions Regarding Bus Stops on behalf of the school board. Approved by: Liz Leitch-Sell, Seconded by: Jill Bartlett, Approved 6-0
10. Recommendation for Assigning of Funds Tina Burkholder, Business Manager recommended to approve the Special Ed Excess Cost assigned fund balance total.
Approved by: Scott Hill to approve the Special Ed Excess Cost assigned fund balance total to $342,126, Seconded by: Jim Lindberg, Approved 6-0
11. FY14 First Quarter Budget Report Tina Burkholder, Business Manager presented a Year to Date Comparison of the General Fund Budget vs YTD Expenditures
12. Readings of Policies A. 1st Reading of Policy 524 – Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented policy 524 for a first reading. B. 2nd Reading of Policy 604 Superintendent Jim Johnson policy 604 for school board approval.
Approved by: Liz Leitch-Sell, Seconded by: Jeff Hegle
With all board members voting motion carried: aye 5 Opposed 1 Jim Lindberg
A. Review of Policies Superintendent Jim Johnson presented the following policies for school board approval.
A. Policy 409 B. Policy 421 C. Policy 507 D.Policy 808
Approved by: Jill Bartlett, Seconded by: Scott Hill, Approved 6-0
13. Student Representative Report Anne Dockendorf and Brooke Valpone reported on the Career Day that was held last week at the High School.
Anne and Brooke also informed board members on the Toys for Tots Drive competition that is now taking place at the high school.
14. Future Meetings
A. Budget Committee Meeting December 3, 2013 @ 4:30 pm
B. Policy Committee Meeting December 4, 2013 @ 1:00 pm
C. Special Board Meeting December 9, 2013 @ 5:00 pm
At 6:00pm Tina Burkholder, Business Manager presented The Truth in Taxation Presentation. State law requires school districts present information on the current year budget. The Final Levy Adoption presentation will be presented on December 9th, 2013 at 5:00pm in the Middle School Board Room.
Approved by: Scott Hill, Seconded by: Liz Leitch-Sell, Approved 6-0
15. Adjourn 6:15pm – Jill Bartlett Secretary/Clerk
This material is only a summary; the full text is available for public inspection at the administrative offices of the School District. A copy of the proceedings, other than attachments to the minutes, is available without cost at the offices of the Monticello School District or on line at www.monticello.k12.mn.us.
12/26/13, Monticello Times, Dec 2 Reg Min, 150421