School District 882
SPECIAL SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 882
The Monticello Board of Education held their special school board meeting on Monday, February 10th, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. in the middle auditorium. Board Members: Jill Bartlett, Jeff Hegle, Jim Lindberg, Carol McNaughton, Robbie Smith, William Spartz and Superintendent Jim Johnson. Also present: District Administrators and community guests.
Location: Middle School Auditorium
Date: Monday February 10th, 2014
Time: 5:30 p.m.
1. Call to Order Chair Robbie Smith
2. The Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of the Agenda Chair Robbie Smith asked for the Approval of the Agenda for the February 10th, 2014 school board meeting.
Approved by: Jill Bartlett; Seconded by: Jeff Hegle; Approved 6-0.
4. Citizens Comments
5. Consent Agenda Approval of Minutes Regular Meeting, January 21, 2014
B. Personnel Matters attached
Approved by: Jeff Hegle; Seconded by: Jill Bartlett; Approved 6-0
6. Presentation of Donation Jim Johnson, Superintendent
1. $2,117.00 from the Monticello Girls Lacrosse Club to the High School Activities Department for the purchase of equipment for the Lacrosse Program.
2. $4,800.00 from the Monticello Boys Lacrosse Club to the High School Activities Department for the purchase of equipment for the Lacrosse Program.
3. $700.00 from Scholarship America to Monticello High School for field trip transportation fees.
Approved by: Jeff Hegle; Seconded by: William Spartz; Approved 6-0
7. Policy Recommendations – Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented the following policies for school board approval. Review Only Policies; 403, 423, 424, 720, 801, 901. Approved by: Jim Lindberg; Seconded by: Jeff Hegle; Approved 6-0
Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented the following policies for the first time school board members. First Reading of Policies: Policies; 601, 425, 616, 618
8. 2013-14 Calendar Adjustment – Due to the number of days students have had off due inclement weather, Jim Johnson, Superintendent requested approval to add February 14th 2014 as an early release student contact day.
Approved by: Williarm Spartz; Seconded by: Jeff Hegle; Approved 6-0
9. 2014-15 Planning Kindergarten Programming
Board Members voted to approve to 2014-15 All Day Kindergarten with half-day option. Approved by: Carol McNaughton; Seconded by: Jill Bartlett; Approved 6-0
10. Future Meeting Dates Budget Committee Meeting February 13, 2014 @ 8:30 am
Regular School Board Meeting February 18, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
Regular School Board Meeting March17, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
11. Adjourn 6:18 p.m. Approved by: William Spartz; Seconded by: Jeff Hegle; Approved 6-0
Jill Bartlett Secretary/Clerk
This material is only a summary; the full text is available for public inspection at the administrative offices of the School District. A copy of the proceedings, other than attachments to the minutes, is available without cost at the offices of the Monticello School District or on line at www.monticello.k12.mn.us.
2/27/14, 3MT, Feb 10 Spec Min, 181579