School District 882
REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 882
The Monticello Board of Education held their special school board meeting on Tuesday, February 18th, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. in the middle school boardroom. Board Members: Jill Bartlett, Jeff Hegle, Jim Lindberg, Carol McNaughton, Robbie Smith, William Spartz and Superintendent Jim Johnson. Also present: District Administrators and community guests.
Location: Middle School Auditorium Date: Tuesday, February 18th, 2014
Time: 5:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order Chair Robbie Smith
2. The Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of the Agenda
Correction to item #14 Annie Dockendorf will be presenting.
Approved by: William Spartz; Seconded by: Jill Bartlett
With all board members voting aye: motion carried unanimously Opposed none; Approved 6-0
4. Citizens Comments Bob Esse of Silver Creek Township questioned the board on why the Agenda is not on the districts web site.
Mr. Johnson reported the Agenda is on the districts home page however it will also be added to another location for better visibility.
5. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of Minutes Special Meeting, February 10, 2014
B. Consideration of Bills, Payroll and Receipts C Wire Transfers
D. Personnel Matters attached
Total Bills $ 1,544,092.12
Total Payroll $ 2,740,139.76
Total P Card $ 7,619.56
Approved by: Jeff Hegle; Seconded by: Jim Lindberg
With all board members voting: motion carried 5 -1 Opposed Robbie Smith; Approved 5-1
6. Resolution Regarding Donations to the District – Jim Johnson, Superintendent
A. Special propulsion chair donated by Abigail VonderHaar to Sherburne Northern Wright SPED Cooperative
B. Walmart donated $500.00 to PWE for work with at-risk students.
C. Walmart donated $500.00 to LME for work with at-risk students.
D. Walmart donated $500.00 to Monticello Middle School for work with at-risk students.
E. Walmart donated $500.00 to Monticello High School for work with at-risk students.
Approved by: Jill Bartlett; Seconded by: Carol McNaughton; Approved 6-0
7. Curriculum and Instruction Report Corey Derby Monticello High School Industrial Technology Instructor presented the new Gaming Course that was added at the High School last year.
8. Policy Recommendations 2nd Reading – Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented the following polices for board approval.
A Policy 601 School District Curriculum and Instruction Goals
B. Policy 425 Staff Development
C. Policy 616 School District System Accountability
D. Policy 618 Assessment of Standard Achievement
Approved by: Jeff Hegle; Seconded by: Jill Bartlett; Approved 6-0
9. 2014-15 Planning Calendar Proposal Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented the 2014-15 Option B Calendar (the calendar with a Spring Break) for board approval. Approved by: William Sparts; Seconded by: Carol McNaughton; Approved 6-0
10. Quarterly Budget Update – Tina Burkholder, Business Manager reported the General Funds budget is pretty steady, and the year-to-date expenditures are consistent as well in relation to the budget.
11. Preliminary Capital Budget Proposal for FY15 – Tina Burkholder, Business Manager presented her first review of the capital budget for 2014-2015 school year. This revenue target is $1,220,590, and has been narrowed down the list of needs to address to $1,208,259.
12. Finalize Budget Assumptions for FY15 for Fund 01 – Tina Burkholder, Business Manager presented her budget process that has started for the 2014-15 school year. Approved by: Jeff Hegle; Seconded by: Jim Lindberg; Approved 6-0
13. Student Representative Report Brooke Volpone, Annie Dockendorf Student Representative, update board members on high school activities.
14. Future Meeting Dates A. Regular School Board Meeting March 17, 2014 @ 5:00 pm B. Special School Board Meeting April 8, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
C. Regular School Board Meeting April 21, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
In recognition of School Board Appreciate Week, at the end of the meeting Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented certificates and a pin to school board members and thanked them for their commitment as a school board member.
15. Adjourn 6:15 p.m. Approved by: Jill Bartlett; Seconded by: Jeff Hegle; Approved 6-0
Jill Bartlett Secretary/Clerk
This material is only a summary; the full text is available for public inspection at the administrative offices of the School District. A copy of the proceedings, other than attachments to the minutes, is available without cost at the offices of the Monticello School District or on line at www.monticello.k12.mn.us.
3/27/14, Monticello Times, Feb 18 Reg Min, 192907