School District 882
REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 882
The Monticello Board of Education held their special school board meeting on Monday, April 21st, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. in the middle school boardroom. Board Members: Jill Bartlett, Jeff Hegle, Jim Lindberg, Carol McNaughton, Robbie Smith, William (Bill) Spartz and Superintendent Jim Johnson. Also present: District Administrators and community guests.
Location: Middle School Auditorium. Date: Tuesday, April 21st, 2014. Time: 5:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order Chair Robbie Smith
2. The Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of the Agenda
Approved by: Bill Spartz, Seconded by: Carol McNaughton, Approved 6-0
4. Citizens Comments None
5. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of Minutes Special Meeting, April 8, 2014
B. Consideration of Bills, Payroll and Receipts
C. Personnel Matters attached
D. Trip Requests
1. High School trip to Washington DC Spring, 2015
2. High School Spanish Department trip to Peru Summer, 2015
Total Bills $ 2,195,146.89
Total Payroll $ 2,740,104.41
Total P Card $ 9,969.43
Approved by: Jill Bartlett, Seconded by: Jim Lindberg, Approved 6-0
6. Resolution Regarding a Donation to the District – Jim Johnson, Superintendent presented the following donations for board approval.
A. Linda Johnson donates assorted glass bowls and glassware to the Food Service Program to be used for catering services.
B. Central MN Jobs & Training Services donated 50 padded, wooden arm chairs, to be used at the ALP for student and staff use.
YTD Total Donations – $33,613.17
Approved by: Bill Spartz, Seconded by: Jill Bartlett, Approved 6-0
7. Recognition of High School Students Joel Lundin, Principal recognized many high school students have received numerous awards and recognition for their achievements.
8. Pinewood Spotlight Presentation Pinewood Staff and Administration presented to board members on their Collaboration with Teachers and Students and their engagement with ipads.
9. Proposal to Increase Pay for Substitutes With a shortage of subs in many areas he felt it is important for the district to increase the rates to get quality individuals on our sub lists, increases would range from 50 cents to $10 an hour.
Approved by: Jill Bartlett, Seconded by: Carol McNaughton, Approved 6-0
10. Request an additional .5 Kindergarten Teacher for LME for 2014-15 Joe Dockendorf, Assistant Superintendent increase that position from a .5 to a 1.0 FTE.
Approved by: Jim Lindberg, Seconded by: Jeff Hegle, Approved 6-0
11. Quarterly Budget Report Tina Burkholder, Business Manager reported the end of the 3rd quarter General Funds budget is pretty steady, and the year-to-date expenditures are consistent as well, in relation to the budget.
12. Work Session Follow-up Report Joe Dockendorf, Assistant Superintendent reported on the Work Session that was held on March 17th, 2014 with school board staff and administration.
13. Worlds Best Workforce Plan Proposal Linda Borgerding, Curriculum Director presented the 2013-2014 Local Worlds Best Workforce Plan.
14. Student Representative Report Anne Dockendorf reported on the following high school events/activities
15. Future Meeting Dates
A. Special School Board Meeting April 28 @ 5:30 pm
B. Regular School Board Meeting May 19, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
C. Regular School Board Meeting June 16, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
16. Adjourn – 6:51pm
Approved by: Jill Bartlett, Seconded by: Jeff Hegle, Approved 6-0
5/29/14, 3MT, April 21 Reg Min, 224840